Monday, September 12, 2005

Everything Sauce

I really don't have a name for this sauce, but it is so yummy we continue to invent things to put it on. Maybe pancakes! :-)

In a small saucepan over low heat, put:
1/2 stick butter
juice of 1 lemon (I use concentrate)
yolk of 1 egg

Heat and stir until butter is melted, then add:
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 stick butter

Stir until butter is melted and serve.

Yesterday we had baked salmon, angel hair pasta, and green peas. For the kids I made 3 little piles on their plates and poured the sauce over all of it. For Troy and I, I started with the pasta and piled the salmon and peas on.

I have also put this on top of an angel hair dish that I put grilled chicken strips and sautee'd (in garlic and butter, of course) spinach, peas, and mushrooms on. Add Faux Focaccia and you will think you're at the Macaroni Grill!

No comments: