Thursday, January 15, 2009

Purple Chicken

I think this has some other name -- citrus chicken, maybe -- but at my house we call it purple chicken because the chicken comes out ACU purple! We feel very wildcat-ish when we eat it... :-)
Everyone in my family LOVES this chicken -- it just has a very good flavor. AND... it's VERY healthy! Those two things rarely combine at my house!

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup red wine (you can use red wine vinegar, but I don't recommend it)
1/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup lemon juice (I use concentrate)
grated orange peel
grated lemon peel
2 TBSP. cilantro (I use fresh -- my favorite ingredient ever!)
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. oregano leaves
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients. Marinate at least two hours (I usually try to marinate overnight -- also enhances the purple-ness... :-). Bake at 375* for 30-45 minutes, brushing with marinade every 10-15 minutes. (I add cilantro leaves on top when I put it in the oven).

No comments: