Saturday, June 09, 2007

Mexican Sundae's

This recipe was born in my head a week ago when I was waiting for fresh tortilla's from the tortilla maker at HEB.

Blue Bell Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Bag of Bunuelo Chips (tortilla chips coated in cinnamon and sugar, in Abilene you can get them at the tortilla maker stand on the bottom shelves under the fresh tortillas.)
Caramel Ice Cream Topping
Whipped Cream, I use the canned kind that you can squirt out.
Marisino Cherries

Dish out a couple of scoops of the vanilla bean ice cream. Crush a couple of the bunuelo chips on top, then drizzle caramel sauce. Cover top with whipped cream. Make it tall. Take a whole chip and stick it into the side of the whipped cream. Put cherrie on top. My kids also liked this with hot fudge topping in addition to or instead of the caramel.

It looks pretty and tastes delicious. If you have ever had the Dessert Nacho's at Abuelo's this is basically the same thing but it is put together like a sundae instead. Yummy.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh boy, these sound right up my alley!! I'm definately bookmarking you! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I'm staying in the shade from now on :)

allinaday said...

super bowl here I come.....great recipe!